Python Concurrent Futures Interview Questions
Answers To 130+ Interview Questions On The ThreadPoolExecutor And ProcessPoolExecutor
How well do you know the ThreadPoolExecutor and ProcessPoolExecutor in Python?
The concurrent.futures module provides the ability to launch parallel and concurrent tasks in Python using thread and process-based concurrency.
Importantly, the ThreadPoolExecutor and ProcessPoolExecutor offer the same modern interface with asynchronous tasks, Future objects, and the ability to wait on groups of tasks.
The concurrent.futures module with the ThreadPoolExecutor and ProcessPoolExecutor classes offers the best way to execute ad hoc tasks concurrently in Python, and few developers know about it, let alone how to use it well.
- Do you know how to handle task results in the order tasks finish?
- Do you know how to wait for the first task to fail?
- Do you know how many workers are created by default?
Discover 130+ interview questions and their answers on the concurrent.futures module.
- Study the questions and answers and improve your skills.
- Test yourself to see what you really know, and what you don't.
- Select questions to interview developers on a new role.
What topics are covered?
The questions are divided into 17 major topics, they are:
- Global Interpreter Lock
- Threads vs Processes
- Blocking Calls
- Executor Shutdown
- Submit Tasks
- Map Tasks
- Future Objects
- Future Result
- Future Status
- Done Callback Functions
- As Completed
Prepare for an interview or test your ThreadPoolExecutor and ProcessPoolExecutor skills in Python today.
Learn more about this book here:
How to Buy
- Click the "I want this!" button (in the upper right)
- Choose Credit Card or PayPal and complete the order form then click the "Pay" button.
- You will be redirected to a webpage where you can download your bundle immediately (you will also get an email with the download link, just in case you need it).
About the Author
Jason Brownlee, Ph.D. helps Python developers bring modern concurrency methods to their projects with hands-on tutorials.
Jason loves Python Concurrency. It's all he does. It’s his main thing.
- Read all the books on Python concurrency.
- Used all of the Python concurrency APIs in the standard library.
- Written 500+ tutorials and 12+ books on Python concurrency.
Learn more at SuperFastPython.com
Jason is a software engineer and research scientist with a background in artificial intelligence and high-performance computing. He has authored more than 20 technical books on machine learning and has built, operated, and exited online businesses.
See his linkedin profile here:
- Jason Brownlee on LinkedIn (follow him!)
Hi, Jason here, do you have any questions?
Contact me directly at any time about this product or Python concurrency generally. I'm here to help as best I can.
You can send an email directly to my inbox via:
You'll get a .zip download containing both ebook formats (pdf and epub).