Python Multiprocessing Interview Questions
Answers To 180+ Interview Questions On Python Multiprocessing
How well do you know Python multiprocessing?
The multiprocessing module provides process-based concurrency in Python and few developers know about it, let alone, how to use it well.
The main reason is that it is widely thought that Python does not fully support concurrency.
This is false.
In fact, processes provide the best path to full parallelism in Python for CPU-bound tasks.
- Do you know how to start a new process?
- Do you know how to use mutex locks with Python processes?
- Do you know how to use a manager or a pool?
Discover 180+ interview questions on Python multiprocessing.
- Study the questions and answers and improve your skills.
- Test yourself to see what you really know, and what you don't.
- Select questions to interview developers on a new role.
What topics are covered?
The questions are divided into 25 major topics, they are:
- Threads vs Processes
- Blocking Calls
- Main Process
- Process Utilities
- Contexts and Start Methods
- Starting Processes
- Running Processes
- Daemon Processes
- Process Names
- Inter-process Communication
- Shared ctypes
- Mutex Locks
- Process Failure Modes
- Condition Variables
- Process Pools
- Asynchronous Tasks
- Dummy Module
- Best Practices
Prepare for an interview or test your Python multiprocessing skills today.
Learn more about this book here:
How to Buy
- Click the "I want this!" button (in the upper right)
- Choose Credit Card or PayPal and complete the order form then click the "Pay" button.
- You will be redirected to a webpage where you can download your bundle immediately (you will also get an email with the download link, just in case you need it).
About the Author
Jason Brownlee, Ph.D. helps Python developers bring modern concurrency methods to their projects with hands-on tutorials.
Jason loves Python Concurrency. It's all he does. It’s his main thing.
- Read all the books on Python concurrency.
- Used all of the Python concurrency APIs in the standard library.
- Written 500+ tutorials and 12+ books on Python concurrency.
Learn more at SuperFastPython.com
Jason is a software engineer and research scientist with a background in artificial intelligence and high-performance computing. He has authored more than 20 technical books on machine learning and has built, operated, and exited online businesses.
See his linkedin profile here:
- Jason Brownlee on LinkedIn (follow him!)
Hi, Jason here, do you have any questions?
Contact me directly at any time about this product or Python concurrency generally. I'm here to help as best I can.
You can send an email directly to my inbox via: